The Art of Writing Memoirs
In this workshop you will immerse yourself in the art of powerful storytelling and take an unflinching look at your own stories.
You will learn to incorporate fictional techniques into your memoir writing to enhance your effort to share galvanizing events.
Objectives of this Workshop
- Learn to help your reader see and feel what you saw and felt.
- Understand the process and structure of memoir writing as a learned craft that will enhance your art.
- Appreciate the power of storytelling by being loyal to your truth.
- Further empower yourself to tell the truth.
- Take an unflinching look at your stories and share your galvanizing events.
- Bring your memoir writing to a new level with fictional techniques.
Making Memorable Memoirs Magical!
A workshop to turn your memories into written magic!
Be encouraged and inspired to bring your words to fruition through the MAKING MEMORABLE MEMOIRS MAGICAL workshop. Understand that writing your memoir is a very integrating experience that can lead to greater wholeness. Learn what memoir story is, what memoir writing is and what its significance is in our lives. Develop a greater connection within your family by providing a more full and personal sense of who you are in your writing. Take away information on the passages of writing for yourself and for others and learn how to put the memoir story together with events and emotional beats piece-by-piece.
The Journey from Grief to Gratitude
In an encouraging and insightful presentation, Patricia Brooks will take you on theJourney from Grief to Gratitude by bringing her own story to you along with practical suggestions. She will share with you the unique stages of grief and her own experiences with them, as well as helping you to achieve your own path to gratitude as she rejoices in her sister’s memory with excerpts from her new book Gifts of Sisterhood by sharing her sister’s gifts with you—such as Faith, Courage, Friendship, Patience and Love. She will answer such questions as: How do I search for and find meaning in this loss? How do I use a Reflective Journal and writing as part of my healing? How do I establish a place for me to be in from now on?
Remember—this is your journey and your timeline. Learn four powerful truths you can use now:
- Trust yourself first—free yourself to grieve in your own style.
- Listen to your heart and then your mind—share yourself with someone.
- Everyone’s memory is a treasure—keep it for them.
- Two is better than one—they will always be with you.
Patricia will send you forward in a warm and personal way with a rich source of useful insights and coping strategies to start you on your journey. She will inspire you with an attitude and philosophy that will awaken you to take that last step to gratitude!
Gifts That Keep on Giving: Sharing the Journey of Writing
An insightful journey of inspiration and “how to” for beginning your writing adventure or motivation to reach the summit will be the focus of this workshop. An opportunity to get your creative juices flowing and an encouragement to write because you have to write!
TOPICS to be addressed:
- Writing Inspirations
- The Life Changing Experience
- The Opportunities in Pain, Anger, Joy and Love
- The Art of Story Telling
- The Four Powerful Truths
You will receive ANSWERS to these questions:
- What was there along the way?
- Who inspired me?
- What is my writing history?
- How do I find my voice?
- How do I write what I dare not say?
- How do I establish a theme?
- What do I do first?
OBJECTIVES to be reached:
- Understand Writing Freedom
- Learn Organization in Outlines
- Appreciate Preparation prior to Writing
- Develop a Writing Plan
- Consider an Editing Plan
- Receive Self-publishing Comments
- Visualize Birthing the Baby!
- Motivation and Inspiration
- Suggested Readings
- Writing Group and Meeting ideas
- Invitation to Be a Writer
- Belief You too Can Be an Author
Marketing Plans Made Magical
A powerful hour designed to enhance your current marketing plan or develop one for use in your professional life. You receive:
- Ten steps to build a Strategic Plan for marketing your product or service to your internal and external customers/clients.
- Advice on Mission Statements, Communication Vehicles, Analysis of the Market, Analysis of Product and Company, Competition, Cultures and Economic Systems, Goals/Objectives and Strategies, Budgets and Forecasts, Control and Feedback.
OTHER TOPICS to be addressed:
- Marketing Plan Outline
- Perceptual Mapping
OBJECTIVES to be reached:
- Gain an understanding of the necessity of a Marketing Plan
- Acquire basic knowledge for using the Marketing Plan
- Recognize the necessity for Research and Development
- Better Organization to Compete
- More Understanding of your Business
- Market Insight for Future Growth
- Greater Knowledge of Business Environment