the author’s partner
The author’s answer to guidance and consultation in an
independent publishing “partnership”……
Consultation, Coaching, Idea generation, Production, Publishing,
Sales and Marketing expertise at your disposal in a win/win relationship……
Answers at various levels and related fees to meet your needs on your timeline……
LEVEL ONE CONSULTATION
Being there for you!
THE FOLLOWING INTRODUCTORY CONSULTATION SERVICES CAN BE AVAILABLE to you with guidance by:
Patricia L. Brooks, president/founder
Earl L. Goldmann, manager/partner:
I. Consultation – to guide you in making the best possible decisions necessary to take your completed manuscript to fruition by taking you through the independent publishing process in a clear and concise manner
II. Management – to assist you with what you have in an idea, research and writings by helping you put them into an outline that will conceptualize the theme and purpose of the book
III. Coaching – to mentor you in structuring your thoughts into a saleable manuscript ready for a “peer” review or editing while giving you insight into what needs to happen to make it unique.
IV. Idea Generation – to brainstorm with you for more and better ideas for your marketing plan and publicity campaign that are the critical 60% of your future success as an author
V. Ghost Writing – to offer a partnership to your writing and to put your thoughts on paper by bringing your work to the forefront of your dreams and an opportunity to be a force in your genre
Flaunting your style!
THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTION SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED to you by our team members in a “bundled” package offering to prepare your manuscript:
A. Photography – enhance your book with a professional in the book photography industry
B. Art Design – develop your book cover with a professional artist who will design it with your ideas and vision to send the right message
C. Graphic Design – augment your book with a professional designer so the size and type style of the letters praise your work and set the tone of voice
D. Editing – cultivate a “must read” book with a professional editor that has improved the voice, structure, flow and story line to your liking
E. Proofreading – mature the book with proper grammar and punctuation
F. Peer Review – elevate the book with a look from “fresh eyes” and an open heart
Taking care of details!
THE FOLLOWING PRINTING RELATED SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED to you:
1) Typesetting – proper formatting, spell check and minor corrections
2) Conversion to PDF format to be sent to printing source
3) Copywriting – submission of necessary paperwork
4) ISBN Numbers – submission of necessary paperwork
5) Barcode – submission of necessary paperwork
6) Printing – research on best prices and highest quality
7) Warehousing – research on where to store books and why
8) Distribution – research websites, online and on ground bookstore requirements
to be considered now:
What size, in dimensions, are the manuscript and the anticipated book?
- Is it to be hard cover or soft cover or both; will it be an e-book or audio book later?
- How many estimated pages in the final book?
- What paper type will be used, cream, white, acid based, 50#, 60#?
- What additional inside graphics, illustrations, charts, photos are required?
- What type of cover design, photos, artwork, and colors will be used?
- Do you anticipate testimonials?
- Do you know which genre is yours?
Helping to let you shine!
THE FOLLOWING MULTI-LAYERED MARKETING SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED to you through our marketing/PR division:
a. Successful Value Selling – research and guidance to take advantage of opportunities on websites, newsletters, blogs, E-magazines, catalogs and special promotions to create need
b. ‘Marketing Plans Made Magical’ – consultation and guidance to develop and write a 12 month/10 part plan of magic to differentiate your book and platform’s branding
c. Publicity Campaign – consultation and guidance to develop and write a 3-6-9 or 12 month campaign for the growth of your platform and maintenance of your image
d. Author’s Platform – consultation and understanding of what is involved in branding yourself and your book by laying the ground work
e. Press Kits – consultation on the necessities of a packet that will get attention with the media outlets and help you to be successful in your efforts to obtain critical exposure
f. Positioning Consultation – overview of how to approach your marketplace, target your market, find your niche and set your goals to “hook” your audience in your genre
Please consider accepting our company and services. Please review this information entirely and then ask yourself the following SEVEN questions. If you answer yes to all or most of them, we should proceed to build a working relationship.
SELF-PUBLISHING “PARTNERSHIP” questions to ask at this time:
• Do you want to be in “partnership” with the publishing process?
• Do you want to learn the publishing process?
• Do you want to go through the process of book publishing quickly?
• Do you want to have control over your intellectual property?
• Do you look at your book and you as a business?
• Do you commit to the marketing efforts needed to launch your book and promote yourself?
• Do you see yourself willing to learn more about marketing and PR?
• Do you see yourself willing to take full responsibility for the success of your book?