Patricia L. Brooks, MAOM
Publish Yourself as the Expert
January 3, 2014 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Desert Foothills Library 38443 No. School House Rd
Cave Creek, AZ Please RSVP 480-488-2286
Patricia leads you to writing with passion because you must be an instrument for change. The journey is fresh and uplifting as she shares with you how you too can be enthused as a writer of non-fiction while enhancing your career or your business, your life or your quest.
Her perspective is generous and worth noting as she helps you achieve these Outcomes:
(1) Understand what moves you
(2) Honor your personal mission
(3) Respect those for whom you need to be a voice.
- Part One/A Winning Writing Plan. Patricia gives you Tips on developing goals, objectives and strategies for your writing life. Her philosophy is worth emulating. She motivates you to launch your vision for success by being well organized and prepared in your writing. With a timeline that is proven and ideas that work, she also extends to you the five W’s of reporting good information for a non-fiction publication and illustrates how to write well to communicate your message to your niche.
- Part Two/Strict Research Rules. Patricia asks you to do your homework, understand research, practice good interview skills, read, experiment, observe, survey and learn your topic well. In thinking about your vision for the book, and what your insight is behind the book, she encourages you to eventually understand yourself completely. She wants you to be honest about how committed you are to write this book and how willing you are to doing a follow-up plan. She expects you to ask yourself why you feel compelled to write what you want to produce, and why you believe you are the expert.
BIO – Patricia L. Brooks, MAOM
Patricia is the president/founder of the Scottsdale Society of Women Writers – building the group to 75 women over the past 8 years. She is working on her second non-fiction book; a memoir/self-help entitled Captive No More – trauma, recovery and PTS- due out in 2014. She is available for talks on Stop the Violence Against Women.
With her first non-fiction/memoir and eBook, Gifts of Sisterhood – Journey from Grief to Gratitude, she presents workshops on both writing memoir and dealing with grief. Patricia earned a prestigious AZ Authors Association Literary Contest Non-fiction award for this book. www.plbrooks.com,
As founder of Brooks Goldmann Publishing Company, LLC, Patricia is a book shepherd and partner in publishing consultation. Her mission is to enhance the spirit of the author’s journey. She is available to speak here on writing, publishing and marketing related topics for those in the writing life. www.brooksgoldmannpublishing.com
*University faculty associate for over twelve years, Arizona State University
*Masters Degree in Organizational Management
*The Advanced Toastmasters designation
*Named to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
President and Founder – Scottsdale Society Women Writers
Member of the Arizona Authors Association
Member of the Phoenix Writers Club
Patricia L. Brooks, MAOM
480-250-5556 cell phone
Patricia L. Brooks Seminars, LLC
Brooks Goldmann Publishing Company, LLC
Scottsdale, AZ 85251